The Floow is a rapidly growing telematics service provider that develops smartphone apps for insurers, to collect driving data and deliver services to insurers and their customers. We specialise in using data from smartphones and fixed to vehicle devices to support motor insurers pricing decisions. Data analysis is also used to provide driving feedback and educational tips to drivers across a range of factors including speed, hard braking and acceleration and distraction. The company currently works with major UK and global insurers, and has a number of other discussions on-going in new markets.
- Definition of the requirements activities that will be performed in accordance with existing standards, including identifying key roles, selecting requirements activities, managing the requirements scope and ongoing communication of the requirements gathering status.
- Eliciting requirements that are complete, clear, correct, and consistent to support the development of quality goals.
- Definition of description of the characteristics of an acceptable solution to a business problem, so that the project team has a clear understanding of how to design and implement it.
- Manage the ongoing requirements communication process throughout projects, including presenting, communicating, verifying, and gaining approval of the requirements from the stakeholders and implementers of the project
- Ensuring that the solution developed meets the defined needs of the client by monitoring throughout the various stages and assessment of project success after implementation.
- Proactively contribute to the positive culture of The Floow through your everyday behaviours
- Undertake as requested other activities that may be outside of your area of expertise but contribute to the overall success of The Floow
You will have:
- A track record of delivering pragmatic solutions to meet business needs
- An ability to build relationships, able to influence, challenge, and engage well with all stakeholders
- Ability to plan and manage tasks and small projects within an overall project
- Experience working on digital/online projects would be beneficial (website development, mobile applications, connected systems)
- An understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Solid technical knowledge and understanding of key technology principles
You will be proficient in:
- Business and Systems analysis techniques including Use Cases, User Stories, BPMN and UML
- Agile principles and practices including Scrum and Kanban
You’ll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- Pizza and Drinks Fridays
- Company bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension matched at 3%
- 21 days’ holiday per annum with the ability to accrue extra holidays: an extra day’s holiday will be added for every full years’ service up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- The option to buy holiday days, up to a maximum of 5 days per year
- Floow Days (2 additional bank holidays)
- 25% discount off of new Direct Line motor insurance policies
- Season ticket loan
- Tech Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Shopping, Cinema and Restaurant vouchers
- GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike Scheme