- Use good domain knowledge of Data Driven Science to solve problems and support the regular daily activities of the Data Science function
- Display competency with the relevant technologies and tools and the company specific technologies, tools and processes to deliver quality solutions and contribute to the success of the team and projects
- Complete tasks reasonably autonomously, using a moderate level of support from colleagues and leaders as well as seeking external influences to grow awareness of technologies, to ensure you continue to meet best practice standards
- Conduct fully supported interactions with clients and colleagues to update, feedback and deliver news regarding pieces of work you are involved in
- Ensure competent verbal and non-verbal exchanges with colleagues and clients, maintaining positive and professional lines of communication
- Proactively identify, suggest and assist in the delivery of improvements, to ensure the business and team are constantly moving forward and raising the bar
- Contributing to the technical quality and timely delivery of projects and products; managing the quality of your own work, in order to ensure the best product is delivered within the specified time frame
- Individually analyse and breakdown tasks and information, seeking guidance and support from peers when required, to ensure you’re working with a fair level of autonomy
- You will have a proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to and exploit new and cutting edge technology/techniques
- Relevant degree or qualification in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related subject
- Broad knowledge of programming, and scripting
- Experience using Python, in particular the NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn and Matplotlib libraries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience of developing and delivering commercially viable ‘big-data’ analytic solutions
- Experience with working in connection with collaborative projects/dynamic teams
- Experience with using Data Mining algorithms and statistical tools
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Strong past experience on research projects and deliverables
- Past experience on collaborative projects with drivers teams
- Knowledge of Motor Insurance
- Experience of client interaction (financial sector)
- Experience of productionising data science algorithms in Java, using continuous integration
- Proven track record of involvement in complex applications
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX command line and other programming languages (e.g. R)
- Experience in presenting and visualising the output of big data analytics
About The Floow
The Floow tackles the world’s number 1 killer of young people, road accidents, to make individual mobility safer and smarter for all.
The Floow is a leading insurance telematics provider whose capabilities consist of data science excellence, cutting-edge mobile technology and the innovative use of social science to provide unique safety insights for the benefit of our clients and their customers. Founded in 2012, with the mission to make mobility safer and smarter for everyone, The Floow’s team currently numbers 100 people based in the UK, US and across mainland Europe.
We deliver Connected Insurance solutions to motor insurers that:
- Improve their ability to assess risks through a suite of behavioural scores that are highly predictive of claims propensity and improve risk differentiation compared to traditional risk models.
- Reduce operating costs by engaging drivers to help them improve their performance and turning them into partners in risk prevention, preventing fraud and delivering on timely FNOL
- Collect data from smartphones as well as most other sensing devices in an agnostic fashion
Over the years, The Floow has been recognised with a number of awards including the Made in Sheffield Mark, named Winner of Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards, recipient of the Queen’s Enterprise Award (Innovation) for 2016, Winner of Red Herring 100 in 2017 and recipient of DIAmond Award in 2017.
Our FloowDrive product was named Best Smarter Travel Innovation at the Smarter Travel Awards and The Floow was named winner of the Technology Innovation in the European Usage-based Insurance Industry from Frost & Sullivan in 2018, Winner of the Insurance Times Tech and Innovation Data Analytics Excellence Award in 2019 and our FloowCoach programme was named Private Sector Initiative of the Year at the 2020 Young Driver Focus Awards.
For more information please visit: www.thefloow.com