About the Data Science Team:
The Data Science team gives direction to everything The Floow does.
The Floow’s Telematics products can collect data from a wide variety of devices and present it back to the Client and Consumer using a number of media. But it is the Data Science team that define the best data to collect, the frequency to collect it, how to cleanse and standardise it and finally how to interpret it using state-of-the-art big data techniques in order to provide insights into the mobility being monitored.
Above all else the Data Science team values innovation coupled with great communication skills. You will need to listen to clients, understand their needs and liaise with the other teams in the Floow, before building tailored analytical processes and then communicating the results of your cutting-edge analysis to clients in a way that they can understand.
As our portfolio and the business grows, we are rapidly growing the volume of data that we have available, which enables further insights to be developed as well as evidence that what we have done to date is working well.
Our Data Science team faces significant challenges every day in creating and delivering
commercially viable and understandable analytical solutions to Client set deadlines.
As a member of the team you will be expected to drive forward this continual improvement
and provide models that are better than those offered by our competitors.
Responsibilities and Requirements
You will be responsible for the ongoing development and improvement of the analytical services which currently support hundreds of thousands of users and devices, as well as the design and creation of new and exciting features, analytics and management information to be provided to our clients and end-users.
You will also be creating additional services that can be generated from existing data and working with various research organisations.
- You’re experienced with statistical analytical techniques
- You are passionate about delivering innovative solutions to get the most out of the available data
- You’re at home working as part of a diverse but tightly knit system of teams, instantly understanding and compromising with all stakeholders- technical and non-technical, internal and external; communicating clearly and effectively
- You appreciate great design and understand the value of going a step beyond building something that merely works, to designing something that evolves and scales effortlessly
- You understand the value of testing and Quality Assurance
- You are at home working in an agile fashion, deploying rapidly, collaborating closely, making pragmatic decisions, and have no problem adapting to rapidly evolving specifications
- You have the ability to pick up and analyse an existing codebase to push the analysis forward, focusing on delivery and refactoring when needed
- You are keen to break new ground, and tackle problems that may not have been solved by anyone before you
- You are enthusiastic to see a project through from end-to-end; from the early planning stages of specification writing, to productionising and seeing through Quality Assurance
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to and exploit new and cutting edge technology/techniques
- Degree or above qualification in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related subject
- Broad knowledge of programming, and scripting
- Experience using Python, in particular the NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn and Matplotlib libraries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience of developing and delivering commercially viable ‘big-data’ analytic solutions
- Experience with working in connection with collaborative projects/dynamic teams
- Experience with using Data Mining algorithms and statistical tools
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Strong past experience on research projects and deliverables
- Past experience on collaborative projects with drivers teams
- Knowledge of Motor Insurance
- Experience of client interaction (financial sector)
- Experience of productionising data science algorithms in Java, using continuous integration
- Proven track record of involvement in complex applications
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX command line and other programming languages (e.g. R)
- Experience in presenting and visualising the output of big data analytics