- Use good domain knowledge of Linux Systems Administration development to accomplish the activities, identify and solve any problems of the IT Operations function
- Display proficiency with the Linux based systems, associated toolkits and company specific systems, tools and technologies to deliver support and contribute to the success of the team
- Operate successfully at an individual level, with an openness to seek strategic and technical guidance from more senior members of the organisation as well as proactively seeking out external influences; considering how we can adapt these for our business and technology stack
- Independently conducting interactions with clients and internal teams; contributing materially to meetings or ensuring appropriate representatives are in attendance, in order to feed-back and deliver news regarding pieces of work you are involved in
- Ensure good verbal and non-verbal exchanges with colleagues and clients, with the ability and aptitude to explain complex problems clearly to a technical audience, instilling and maintaining positive and professional lines of communication throughout the business and externally
- Proactively identify, suggest and implement improvements, taking some guidance from more senior colleagues, to ensure the business and team are constantly moving forward and raising the bar
- Overseeing the technical quality and timely delivery of projects and products without any oversight; taking overall quality ownership in order to ensure the best possible product is delivered within the specified time frame
- Operate at a largely autonomous level when analysing and breaking down tasks and information, receiving support from more senior members of the organisation occasionally
- Commercial experience within a System Administrator position
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to new and cutting edge technology
- Degree or above (or equivalent) qualification in Computer Science or a related subject
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with:
- Linux systems administration is essential
- Amazon Web Services (especially EC2, ELB, EBS)
- Database administration – ideally Mongo DB
- Web servers Nginx / Apache
- Unix Shell Scripting (Bash, Python etc.)
- Source Version Control
- VPNs (IPsec, OpenVPN)
- Networking, Routing, DNS, DHCP and Network Security
- Aggregated processes and log monitoring
- Experience with Agile software development techniques
- Experience of client interaction
- Basic experience with Python and Java
- Virtualisation (Xen/KVM/Openstack)
About The Floow
The Floow tackles the world’s number 1 killer of young people, road accidents, to make individual mobility safer and smarter for all.
The Floow is a leading insurance telematics provider whose capabilities consist of data science excellence, cutting-edge mobile technology and the innovative use of social science to provide unique safety insights for the benefit of our clients and their customers. Founded in 2012, with the mission to make mobility safer and smarter for everyone, The Floow’s team currently numbers 100 people based at our Sheffield HQ, our US office and across mainland Europe.
We deliver Connected Insurance solutions to motor insurers that:
- Improve their ability to assess risks through a suite of behavioural scores that are highly predictive of claims propensity and improve risk differentiation compared to traditional risk models.
- Reduce operating costs by engaging drivers to help them improve their performance and turning them into partners in risk prevention, preventing fraud and delivering on timely FNOL
- Collect data from smartphones as well as most other sensing devices in an agnostic fashion
Over the years, The Floow has been recognised with a number of awards including the Made in Sheffield Mark, named Winner of Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards, recipient of the Queen’s Enterprise Award (Innovation) for 2016, Winner of Red Herring 100 in 2017 and recipient of DIAmond Award in 2017.
Our FloowDrive product was named Best Smarter Travel Innovation at the Smarter Travel Awards and The Floow was named winner of the Technology Innovation in the European Usage-based Insurance Industry from Frost & Sullivan in 2018, Winner of the Insurance Times Tech and Innovation Data Analytics Excellence Award in 2019 and our FloowCoach programme was named Private Sector Initiative of the Year at the 2020 Young Driver Focus Awards.
For more information please visit: www.thefloow.com