The Floow is a rapidly growing telematics service provider that develops smartphone apps for insurers, to collect driving data and deliver services to insurers and their customers. We specialise in using data from smartphones and fixed to vehicle devices to support motor insurers pricing decisions. Data analysis is also used to provide driving feedback and educational tips to drivers across a range of factors including speed, hard braking and acceleration and distraction. The company currently works with major UK and global insurers, and has a number of other discussions on-going in new markets.
The Product Owner is a critical role at and will have overall accountability for the development of The Floow’s products. He or she will intimately understand The Floow’s customers and potential customers as well as the broader industry.
As Product Owner, and as a member of the product team, you will be responsible for defining stories and prioritising the team backlog to streamline the execution of product priorities.
You will oversee the product build at all stages, making rapid decisions where required, to manage bottlenecks, make trade-off decisions and balance the business needs against technical constraints. You will work with the scrum teams to establish the team velocity in order to support development productivity. You will proactively contribute to the positive culture of The Floow through your everyday behaviours. Your accountabilities will include the following:
Product vision and backlog management
- Working with the product team to provide clear vision, direction and priority of the Product Roadmap.
- Attend all required Scrum meetings (Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Retrospective)
- Provide the Team feedback on their performance at the end of each Sprint.
- Ensure product development budgets are spent in a way that maximises Floow’s return on investment while minimising business risk.
- Determine the profitability of each product feature based on the cost to develop versus the forecast revenue.
- Hold the team accountable to their commitments and to the money spent on developing features.
- Partner with the Product managers to identify, define, analyse, prioritise and refine product requirements, before communicating these requirements to the development teams.
- Working directly with a team of agile software developers, you will ensure the successful translation of product requirements into high-quality outputs.
- Work in partnership with the delivery and development teams to establish delivery timescales, manage backlogs, and plan release schedules for all product features.
- Develop and validate user stories, acceptance criteria for all new features ensuring the planned solution delivers against needs.
- Developing the product roadmap to deliver the agreed products in line with the business strategy & objectives.
- Communicating the roadmap and technology vision with the teams and the business.
You’ll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- Pizza and Drinks Fridays
- Company bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- 21 days’ holiday per annum with the ability to accrue extra holidays: an extra day’s holiday will be added for every full years’ service up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- The option to buy holiday days, up to a maximum of 5 days per year
- Floow Days (2 additional bank holidays)
- 25% discount off of new Direct Line motor insurance policies
- Season ticket loan
- Tech Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Shopping, Cinema and Restaurant vouchers
- GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike Scheme