The Floow is a rapidly growing telematics service provider that develops smartphone apps for insurers, to collect driving data and deliver services to insurers and their customers. We specialise in using data from smartphones and fixed to vehicle devices to support motor insurers pricing decisions. Data analysis is also used to provide driving feedback and educational tips to drivers across a range of factors including speed, hard braking and acceleration and distraction. The company currently works with major UK and global insurers, and has a number of other discussions on-going in new markets.
The Floow are looking to add an experienced Systems Administrator to help support both their award-winning client facing platforms as well as their own internal systems.
As a Systems Administrator, you’ll be responsible for supporting, monitoring and helping to implement some of the most state of the art systems and services in their industry.
- Commercial experience within a Systems Administrator position
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to new and cutting edge technology
- Degree or above (or equivalent) qualification in Computer Science or a related subject
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with:
- Linux systems administration is essential
- Amazon Web Services (especially EC2, ELB, EBS)
- Database administration – ideally Mongo DB
- Web servers Nginx / Apache
- Unix Shell Scripting (Bash, Python etc.)
- Source Version Control
- VPNs (IPsec, OpenVPN)
- Networking, Routing, DNS, DHCP and Network Security
- Aggregated processes and log monitoring
- Experience with Agile software development techniques.
- Experience of client interaction
- Basic experience with Ruby and Java.
- Virtualisation (Xen/KVM)
You’ll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- Pizza and Drinks Fridays
- Company bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension matched at 3%
- 21 days’ holiday per annum with the ability to accrue extra holidays: an extra day’s holiday will be added for every full years’ service up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- The option to buy holiday days, up to a maximum of 5 days per year
- Floow Days (2 additional bank holidays)
- 25% discount off of new Direct Line motor insurance policies
- Season ticket loan
- Tech Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Shopping, Cinema and Restaurant vouchers
- GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike Scheme